Students are considered for admission into the graduate doctoral degree program with the Department of Physics and Astronomy after submitting an online application. Our application deadline is January 15.
The application is free. Please email Laura Blumkin (email@example.com) if you need any assistance in submitting the free application.
Students will need to upload the following materials to the online application:
- Copies of all transcripts from university-level work (undergraduate and graduate). Please do not mail hard copy transcripts at this time.
- At least three letters of recommendation from people who can comment on your potential for graduate study. Recommendations are due by our application deadline. If you have done research in your University, or at another institute, ask your research advisor to provide a letter.
- We ask that you self-report your GRE and GRE Physics exam scores. Double check when you fill out the application that you enter your GRE scores in the online form itself, it is not enough to upload the results document. Official scores from ETS are not rquired however, if you would like to send the official scores, please use:
- School Code: 2928; Department Code: 0808
- If you are not a native English speaker, your official score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam.
- Institutional Code: 7267; Department Code: 76
- If you have, or will have, received a degree from a US institution or an institution where the primary mode of instruction was in English, then the TOEFL/IELTS submission will be waived.
- Statement of purpose has no required content but should include information that you would like the admissions committee to know about you and your aspirations to join our program. You may consider including important and relevant information not included elsewhere in your application or expanding on the significance of one or two qualifications or research experiences treated only briefly elsewhere in your appication.
The exams listed above are administered by external testing agencies at certain fixed times throughout the year. Please arrange to take these examinations early enough so that you can report the scores on your application by our January 15th application deadline.
We do not have minimum required scores for the GRE, GRE Physics, TOEFL or IELTS. Our admissions committee will consider test scores along with the rest of the fully completed application.
Application Decision Process
Our Graduate Admissions Committee begins its deliberations after the application deadline. Decisions are usually announced in February or March. Only completed applications are given full consideration.
Please contact Laura Blumkin, our Graduate Program Coordinator, with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please complete an inquiry request form for more information.